This option includes the following Modules
The Broker Support Certificate is structured into three modules:
The Core module is intended to provide a basic understanding of the
Insurance Industry in New Zealand It provides a back ground to the
industry and introduces kills and principles relevant to a new comer to
The Core module learning objectives are:
- Insurance Essentials provides an understanding of how the New
Zealand insurance industry developed, how it works and the basic
principles on which the New Zealand insurance industry is based
- Introduces the legislation and codes in an easy to understand module
- Communication is an essential skill for any broker and this
paper takes you through the best ways to ensure two way communication
with your clients and colleagues
- The World of Insurance workshop is unique to PIQ College and follows the history of insurance up until today
Allow 90 days for completion plus attendance at the World of Insurance workshop. Assessment is available on your learning dashboard, by way of brief online quiz or written answers.
Understanding the Insurance Process, Policy Construction and Claims Principles are key to providing correct advice to clients. This module
explores these key parts of the insurance process.
days for completion. Assessment is available on your learning dashboard,
by way of brief online quiz or written answers.
The product knowledge module is intended to provide information about
the most common domestic insurance covers, to give a good grounding for a
new domestic broker or support person.
Each course will cover:
- common policy wordings and exclusions
- who is covered,
- what is covered and
- how the cover applies to common situations.
We will cover the 5 most common covers in this area as shown below.
Allow 120 days for completion of this module, plus attendance at the contract works workshop.