This is Part 1 of a 2 Part presentation for those new to commercial
broking and who have had little to no exposure to business interruption
It is the intention that attendees book and register for both
parts. You can purchase just one but please realise this may be a
In order to understand the fundamentals of business interruption we will first look at the financial accounts of a business.
In Part 1 we will:
- Review basic accounting principles relevant to a Statement of Financial Performance (Trading and Profit and Loss accounts).
- Become familiar with terminology used and how to “read” a set of accounts.
- Discuss the fundamentals of business interruption insurance.
- Discuss the different terminologies used for both financial accounts and business interruption insurance.
- Look at what is contained in a business interruption policy wording.
- Look at the information listed on a Business Interruption Policy Schedule.