This course explains what is and what is not covered by the business interruption policy, This interactive one day program updates the 2013 BI program and introduces payroll. If you haven't done a BI workshop before then this one is for you. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in us delivery this course in your office.
Please note: Participants are required to be conversant with profit and loss statements, including an understanding of the cost of goods sold calculation prior to attending the course.
This course replaces the IBANZ courses; Business Interruption I and II that were run in 2012 and 2013. It contains new material on payroll and greater depth on other topics.
1) Indemnity, material damage proviso, triggers, policy response, losses not covered.
2) Indemnity period, declared values, turnover, insured gross profit compared to accounting gross profit.
3) Uninsured working expenses - what costs are selected and why.
4) Example and case study calculation, including turnover, indemnity period, uninsured working expenses, gross profit sum insured.
5) Payroll: scope of cover.
6) Payroll: Example and case study calculation of wages insured under Dual Wages.
7) Increase in cost of working and additional increased costs of working.
8) Claim preparation costs
9) Rents, dependencies, extensions, memoranda, terms and conditions.
10) Claim case study.