How do I Study and what is involved?
The College uses a number of methods to assess students learning, depending on the material being studied, and the requirements set out by the Skills Organisation and NZQA.
All learning currently starts with the provision of a study guide or online study material, accessible via an online dashboard which is set up when you create an account with the College. On acceptance of your enrolment this dashboard will be made available to you and provide access to the following
- Learning Plan
- Study Guides
- Assessment Material
- On line chat
- Quiz assessments
- Personal details
- Enrolment information
- Online videos and recorded webinars
- CPD planning tool
Your Learning Journey
The College wants you to have the best possible learning experience. Your learning journey starts by:
- Checking out the Professional IQ College website for the programme/course.
- Contacting Student Liaison who are waiting for your call and will provide you with information regarding the different study options available to you.
Once you are enrolled with us our Student Liaison will provide:
- Continued support to get you started with the learning material and assessment questions.
- Support to keep you engaged on your learning journey including goal setting and success tips.
- An Individual Learning Plan setting out your expected time to completion.
Professional IQ College values its students and its learning community. Being part of the distance education community you are responsible for the way you communicate with the Student Liaison Team, assessor, College staff and other students.
Netiquette is short for “network etiquette” and it defines some basic online communication rules when sending email, posting messages in a discussion forum, or participating in a chat room.
- Don't threaten, abuse, or slander people.
- Try to be nice to each other. Feel free to be critical, but be polite.
If you feel unsafe, or that you are being abused or harassed in any way online or at any other education event, contact the Academic Manager who will address your concern in a timely manner.