This option includes the following Modules
This Module replicates some of the learning from the Professional IQ
Broker Support Certificate. If you have already completed these modules
they are not required.
It provides a basic understanding of the
Insurance Industry in New Zealand It provides a back ground to the
industry and introduces skills and principles relevant to a new comer to
Topics covered include:
- Insurance Essentials provides an understanding of how the New
Zealand insurance industry developed, how it works and the basic
principles on which the New Zealand insurance industry is based
- Introduces the legislation and codes in an easy to understand module
- Communication is an essential skill for any broker and this
paper takes you through the bets ways your ensure two way communication
with your clients and colleagues
- The World of insurance workshop is unique to PIQ College and follows the history of insurance up until today
- The Insurance Process and Policy Construction
Allow 60 days for completion plus attendance at 2 workshops.
Designed for Fire and General Insurance Brokers this module explores
principles and skills relevant to an insurance brokers day to day
- Begins with risk management and ethics all essential skills for a broker
- Understanding how to negotiate a claim a to get the best results possible is covered in two short courses
- It is essential that all brokers understand the policy wording
of commercial contract so this course introduces you to contract wording
Allow 90 days for completion of these online short courses. Assessment is available on your learning dashboard, by way of brief online quiz or short written answers.
suitable for commercial brokers this module provides general product
information about the most common commercial insurance polocies.
Consists of 6 short on line courses covers the nuts and bolts of
material damage, business interruption and several liability covers
including professional indemnity, General Liability and Statutory Liability.
Allow 150 days for completion of these online short courses. Assessment is available on your learning dashboard, by way of brief online quiz or short written answers.
on the product knowledge module we introduce some more specialised
covers in order to give students more control over the topics they wish
to learn. Your enrolment will include any 3 of the topics below.
Allow 30 days for completion of each online short courses, plus attendance of the above workshops.
Assessment is available on your learning dashboard, by way of brief online quiz or short written answers.
You will need to let us know your choices once you have completed the enrolment process.
Choose from the courses list below under Ins Broker Certificate Elective Options.