Sometimes known as Professional Risk Liability Insurance, Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance is offered to protect business people who receive payment for providing advice or performing a service against a claim made by someone who feels that business person has not lived up to their professional obligations.
The aim of the Professional Indemnity Module is to enable students to discuss this type of insurance with clients and to confidently recommend coverage suitable for those clients.
This module includes the following topics:
- Overview of professional indemnity insurance,
- Coverage and limitations of a professional indemnity
- Insurance contract,
- Policy exclusions, conditions and exclusions,
- Meeting clients’ needs, and
- Professional indemnity claim examples.