Have you ever thought about becoming an Assessor?
The College is increasing its team of part-time assessors to meet demand for the revised New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services Level 5 driven in part by the changes to the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.
This is a great opportunity to develop your professional understanding and gain valuable professional development to enhance the skill, knowledge and competency of learners enrolled in the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5).
The following attributes are essential for this role:
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Good organisational and administration skills
· Excellent time management
Ideally you will:
Hold as a minimum the unit standard 4098 (or be willing to work towards obtaining this): Use standards to assess employees’ performance, or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate that you have the technical expertise to assess against the applicable unit standards.
· Ideally, will have the unit standards listed on your New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Record of Achievement, and have proven experience in the subject you wish to assess.
· Be able to communicate well, both written and verbally, since assessment involves keeping good documentation, and having probing discussions with learners.
The College believes that it is important that all assessment activities, including the design and development of assessment instruments, conducting assessment, managing the assessment process and administration that goes with assessment is done professionally in order to give learners a fair chance to achieve success.
If you have industry experience in the financial services sector in either; General Insurance, Life & Health Insurance, Investment or Residential Property Lending we want to hear from you.
For further information contact:
Sylvia Heywood, Academic Manager,
Email: [email protected] or DDI: 09 306 1737