This Unit Standard will allow you to demonstrate knowledge of the financial services regulatory compliance and advice process environment in New Zealand.
This unit Standard is made up of three parts:
Part 1 - Key Legislation and Responsibilities
- Regulations and Legislation governing the Financial Services Industry.
- Financial Advisers framework
- Client care and information
- Consumer and company legislation
- Legislation relating indirectly to the financial services sector.
Part 2 - Codes of Practice and Regulations
- Codes of Practice
- Financial Services employees ethical practice
- Disputes resolution
- Applying the rules
Part 3 - Using the Six Step Advice Process
- The six step process for the provision of Financial Advice
- Key economic factors Impacting the financial services sector.
- How these factors influence consumer needs.
Assessment is by way of written answers, and provision of a case study to outline processes.