We all play a role in our organisation’s financial health, whether we realise it or not. That means, for managers in today’s business world, it is essential to have a working knowledge of finance.
This online course will familiarise you with the key concepts of finance and accounting and help you prepare budgets with more confidence. It will enable you to understand the cycle of finance and help you figure out where you fit into your company’s financial structure and how to keep your department out of the red.
This module includes the following topics:
• What is finance and what is your role in it?
• The balance sheet.
• Equity and liability.
• Profit and loss statements.
• Analysing financial statements.
• Using accounting software.
• Budget basics - including preparing a budget.
• Comparing investment opportunities.
CPD Reference: LMG3
Audience: Anyone with leadership or management responsibilities
CPD hours: 3
Assessment: By marked assessment
Assessment recognition: Certificate of achievement