This seminar will concentrate on practical issues that arise when considering Privacy Act issues. This will include:
- Does the Privacy Act apply to the information being considered at all?
- Do ‘Privacy Policies’ on websites and in policy wordings actually achieve anything legally?
- What are the key authorisations that you should ideally obtain when collecting personal information to arrange insurance?
- What are the key limitations on using that information and on disclosing it to someone else?
- How to handle a request for access to personal information?