Travel insurance complaints make up the largest category of complaint investigated by FSCL. Clients are disappointed when their claim is declined because of:
• non-disclosure of a pre-existing medical condition
• not understanding the policy limitations
• not understanding their responsibilities under the policy.
Drawing on their experience from investigating many travel insurance complaints, and using real case studies, FSCL will discuss the reasons why travel insurance claims are declined and ways in which you can help your clients:
• understand their obligations both at the time of purchasing the policy and during the life of the policy
• understand the limitations of some travel insurance policies, and
• to have a claim accepted.