- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Sharing your information
- Using products or services outside New Zealand
- Protecting your information
- Accessing your information
- Internet use
This policy is provided for your information and doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information relating to you based on on-line forms, written applications, surveys, purchases and event booking information. We collect education information and personal learning plan information in respect of national qualifications. We collect and provide access to some of this information by way of our member dashboard. We also collect information to store on our database of our suppliers, business partners and other key stakeholders.
This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, employment information, educational information, company membership information, booking information for events, survey information, email addresses and similar.
2. How do we use your information?
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
- 2.1 processing your individual or corporate membership applications;
- 2.2 carrying out board approval for membership;
- 2.3 providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
- 2.4 billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
- 2.5 settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- 2.6 dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- 2.7 for provision to relevant government bodies such as NZQA, Skills organization or National Student index.(refer Professional IQ College enrolment terms and conditions guidelines)
- 2.8 contacting you about our group companies’ products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send don’t need to include an unsubscribe facility;
- 2.9 carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- 2.10 carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our
- business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- 2.11 for general administrative and business purposes.
3. Sharing your information.
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties (some of which may be based outside of New Zealand). If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- 3.1 our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- 3.2 those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our IT providers, dealers and suppliers;
- 3.3 if any party or person requires you to complete any education, such as your employer, contracted party or supplier, that person.
- 3.4 anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed;
- 3.5 persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- 3.6 any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993.
If you have not opted out of receiving marketing material from our partners such as Cover Note and I navigator we will share your email address with those parties and other similar parties for similar purposes from time to time. Where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send don’t need to include an unsubscribe facility;
4. Using products and services outside of New Zealand
IBANZ allow membership from entities outside of New Zealand on application only.
Students based overseas, or studying in New Zealand on student or work Visas should check the immigration rules for study within New Zealand (refer www.immigration.co.nz) We are happy to discuss specific circumstances further, please call us on 09 306 1731.
5. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Refer our online terms and conditions for additional information.
6. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information, if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by logging into your member dashboard, if you have this ability, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please quote your name and address, and brief details of what information you want a copy of.
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
7. Internet use
We use a third party provider to host out internet websites, and those providers take the security of client data seriously. For reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be at your own risk, however we will use our best efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure. We cannot protect any information that you make available to the general public – for example, on message boards or in chat rooms.
You are also responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Our online shopping Terms and Conditions are available here.